- We want to communicate the ways in which ACUI collects and uses your personal data.
- When someone visits acui.org we collect cookies and use third-party services—including Google Analytics, Real Magnet, and Sitefinity—to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behavior patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to various parts of the site, to share information that might be of interest to you in the future, and to improve our services. Cookies also are used to help remember your login while navigating throughout the site.
- When you create a profile on the ACUI website, any data you supply will be stored in our membership database and website systems (community platform and content management system). If you supply an email address, it may also be stored in our email marketing system.
- When you make purchases with ACUI—including registering for an event—your name, address data, email, and contact number will be stored in our membership database. This data may be shared with corporate partners of ACUI; however, we do not share sensitive information or your payment details. Information about payments, including how, when, and who paid for purchases is stored in our membership database and financial management systems. We do not save credit card information. Our service providers are required by contract to protect the confidentiality of the personal information we share with them and to use it only to provide specific services on our behalf. Our online payment system is encrypted and uses the https security protocol.
- When you enter information into a form on our website, the supplied data will be stored in the forms database and file storage system. That data may be made available to ACUI members, as in the case of selection for a volunteer opportunity or award.
- Through your participation with ACUI, you might use a mobile event app, take an online course, bid on an auction item, call a staff member, receive a shipment, travel on behalf of the Association, or be asked to complete a survey. In such cases, data from those interactions would be stored by our third-party providers. ACUI volunteers may have additional personal data stored in a project management system.
- You are entitled to request the personal information that we hold no longer be stored. To do so, please email email@example.com. Please note that this may limit your access to some of the services we provide.
- We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites that may be linked on our site.
Parts of the ACUI website are participatory. By contributing content, you give ACUI the nonexclusive, perpetual rights to reuse your content—in its entirety or in part—in any way it chooses. If you share something that ACUI or your peers deems objectionable, we reserve the right to remove it without your approval. ACUI is not responsible for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any content posted within the discussion forums. Use common sense when posting and reading others’ advice, experiences, or opinions.