The ACUI Collegiate Clay Targets Program and the Scholastic Clay Target Program have committed to three more years of partnered collegiate programming. This programming will consist of Bowl Series events from October to March, as well as the Collegiate Clay Target Championships in March.
In the 2022-23 season, ACUI and SCTP hosted eight Bowl Series events across the country, as well as a National Championship program in both International Disciplines (October 2022; Marengo, OH) and American Disciplines (March 2023; San Antonio). In total, 97 teams and 1063 athletes participated, with 8384 event registrations.
“It’s been a busy year and we are proud to have partnered with ACUI”, said Tom Wondrash, National Director of SCTP. “As we move through this year, we’re already working on next year’s plans and ideas. Keeping the scholarship program in play as we did this past year will continue to grant many athletes much needed funds to get through [their] college years!”
With sights set on continued growth of the collegiate shooting sports community, both organizations are working together to bolster industry support, athlete recognition, and scholarship funds available to student athletes.
“While our program has endured so much change and transition over the last few years, we’re so proud of the team we’ve created through the ACUI & SCTP partnership”, says Taylor Blechschmid, ACUI Clay Targets Program Manager. “Every staff member is dedicated to serving our student community and youth shooting sports as a whole. We will continue to let this lead us as we head into our 2023-24 season!”
- International National Championships | October 4–5, 2023 | Marengo, Ohio
- Upper Midwest Conference Championships | October 6–8, 2023 | Marengo, Ohio
- Fall Central Midwest Conference Championships | October 13–15, 2023 | Sparta, Illinois
- Greater Midwest Super Shoot | October 26–29, 2023 | Grand Island, Nebraska
- Upper East Coast Conference Championships | November 3–5, 2023 | Glenn Dale, Maryland
- Fall West Coast Conference Championships | November 10–12, 2023 | Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Spring West Coast Conference Championships | January 19–21, 2024 | Las Vegas
- Eastern Conference Championships | January 26–28, 2024 | Brooks, Kentucky
- Lower Midwest Super Shoot | February 1–4, 2024 | San Antonio
- Lower East Coast Conference Championships | February 9–11, 2024 | Savannah, Georgia
- Spring Central Midwest Conference Championships | March 1–3, 2024 | Columbia, Missouri
The ACUI Clay Targets program was established in 1968 and is the oldest collegiate shotgun sports program. Over the last 50 years, the program has evolved from a national championship event to a robust program, offering regional events from October through March each year in addition to the ACUI Collegiate Clay Targets Championships. ACUI is the professional home to thousands of campus community builders around the world.
SCTP provides kids from elementary through high school and college with the opportunity to participate in the fun and challenging sports of Trap, Skeet and Sporting Clays, as well as the Olympic disciplines of Bunker Trap, Trap Doubles and International Skeet. SCTP is the official feeder program to USA Shooting and a path to the U.S. Olympic Shooting Team.